Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, January 15, 2003

EVENING

First time since doing this blog that I've been a night time commuter. Got on at 10pm and home at 11pm ish. Slightly wassed while doing this entry, so excuse any typos. On at Leceister Square which was surprisingly empty and managed to wake up in time to change at Hammersmith. Hovered around the doors at Glamoursmith though cos "late at night" (whatever that means) the Piccadilly line carries onto Turnham Green and stops there, which is sweet as you can sometimes pick up the District Line that you would have missed - God I'm going to have to revisit this. I know what I'm trying to say and it even sounds confusing to me now. Anyway, fortunately the mythical district line to Richmond reared its ugly head on the indicator board, so I boarded promptly
fell asleep and then my sensors woke me at Gunnersbury, slept again for a minute and sensors woke me at Kew Gardens where I fell off the tube and zig zagged home.

MORNING

Stood from Kew Gardens to Hammersmith and from Hammersmith to Hyde Park corner - deep joy! What a difference trying to get to work for 9.30 makes. Look on the map to see how many stops that is. It's quite a lot, and bloody ridiculous when you get on the the penultimate stop on a line. What's the point in living in suburbs if not to get a seat on the train. Standing sucks.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, January 15, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/01/evening-first-time-since-doing-this.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS