Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, April 16, 2003

I broke my leg by slipping on an icy slope outside a railway station so I can certainly sympathise with the following story of a woman who broke her hip in three places after slipping on pigeon droppings near an underground station. (see the
Watford Observer) The thing I've found about claiming compensation for these sorts of things is that you haven't (excuse the pun) got much of a leg to stand on. I was told that the railway are not liable for clearing ice from pavements but the council are for clearing ice from roads (not too much difference to those like me who suffer and injury) You also need witnesses to help you with your claim - like the woman who slipped on pigeon droppings I was helped by a good samaritan, but I have no idea who she was.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, April 16, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/04/i-broke-my-leg-by-slipping-on-icy.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS