Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

I'm back - have one crutch - but back on the glory that is London's Underground. It will be quite a funny experience doing the tube as a "disabled" person - even if it's only temporary (to the unitiated I broke my leg at the end of January). But even though I will be carrying two crutches on the tube I only need one - two crutches act as a brilliant "
seat getting" device. To be fair so far, everyone has been most kind to me and giving up seats (although I am trying to do non rush hour travel) and get on at 10am and try to leave the office as near to 4pm as I can.

Most noticeable things since I've been back is that the Cadbury's Chocolate vending machines seem to have been contaminated with massive promotions for Boost Guarana bars - which are quite frankly the most digusting chocolate bars I've ever had the misfortune to eat. Cadbury's chocolate is inferior at the best of times and the mix of glucose and Guarana adds to the general dirt like taste making it inedible.

C'mon Cadbury's it's virtually Easter - where's all the branding for the ridiculously sweet Cadbury's Creme Eggs?


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, April 15, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/04/im-back-have-one-crutch-but-back-on.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS