Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Sunday, May 25, 2003

End of the line for Mail Tube

I've been in Salisbury and Brighton this Bank Holiday weekend and while in Brighton one of my friends told me that the Royal Mail tube that carried letters across London in the middle of the night is to be closed down. I only heard about this "tube train" a few weeks ago for the first time so I can't say I actually mourn its loss too much.



However the
BBC website which reports the news is pondering for a new commercial use for the 75 year old service. Looking at the picture of it above, nothing immediately springs to mind apart from giving a tube system to mice. As it only seems large enough to carry midget sized people. It would also keep the mice in Anthea Turner's books happy.

PS .....Totally not tube related but too funny not to mention in passing. United Kingdom nil points Eurovision Song Contest 2003 Results - I can't stop laughing.


; Posted by annie mole Sunday, May 25, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/05/end-of-line-for-mail-tube-ive-been-in.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS