Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours (again)

Ended up sitting next to my next door neighbour but two on the tube coming home (not the one with the wig mentioned earlier) but she lives next door to him. Had a nice chat where I told her about the saga of my broken leg and she in in turn as we left and walked home together tolf be about her frustrating journey home today which took almost two hours (Old Street to Kew Gardens - normally about an hour twenty minutes I'd say). Can't remember the exact details but the bottom line was that while she was waiting she was getting angrier and angrier and so had time to complete the Customer Charter (where supposedly you can get money back if your tube is more than 15 minutes late) and marched with me to the post box to send it off.

I wish more people did this - you just get so apathetic that you forget. To my shame I don't think I've ever sent one off in my life even though I have lost count of the amount of times I've waited longer than fifteen minutes for a Kew Gardens tube at Hammersmith.

Perhaps I will do it, next time, specially as someone let me know of a more automated way of
getting a refund.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, May 21, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/05/neighbours-everybody-needs-good.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS