Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Lost Property

Anyone who knows me personally, knows that I have a huge amount on my mind right now and am getting a bit distracted. So much so that this week I have left two (count them, two) umbrellas on the tube and trains (and it's only Thursday). This led me to think about the lost property office and some of the weird things that have been left on the tube. WARNING - Sad trainspotter fact alert - every year over 130,000 items are left on tubes, buses, trains and taxis in London and each year 60,000 people actually get their stuff back. It's nice to know that umbrellas are most often left behind.

Some of the weirder unclaimed items that haven't made it back to their owners are: a wedding dress, a lawyer�s gown, a 40-pound, four-foot exercise machine, a kitchen sink, and two urns. This is almost so sad it has to be true. Would the
Reader's Digest, from where this info was sourced, lie?


TUBE HAIKU's - The Next Generation

The marvellous Meg from notsosoft.com (inspired me to start blogging and that blog was so brilliantly written and diverting it's not true) has a new blog - meish.org and noticed my tube haiku campaign and pointed out that her and some other friends had already started writing Tube Haikus in July 2000 (almost ancient history in blog terms). There's some crackers amongst them and I've reproduced a few seasonal ones for your enjoyment.

Inconsiderate
bastards wearing sandals. Smell
of foot sweat. I faint.

Armpit in my face
Please take your hand off my arse:
Tube space invaders

Too many people
And all are sweaty morons -
Tomorrow, the bus

Bodies hunt for space
And armpits smell so evil
I'm going to kill



; Posted by annie mole Thursday, July 31, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/07/lost-property-anyone-who-knows-me.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS