Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, July 31, 2003

Went out to visit a friend tonight and did almost my usual journey back from work but had to change lines a bit earlier than normal. It's terrible how much on auto pilot I was, as even though I was standing uncomfortably and hot in a crush on the tube, (rather than reading a book in relative comfort) I virtually let the stop sail past me and then had to quickly force my way through people dozily to get off at the stop at the right time.

As I got off at South Ken, one of those station announcers was there with his little baton, that looks like a table tennis bat, waving the train on and he'd drawn a little smiley face on his baton. Except it was a downturned smiley face. I wonder if this was to signify the heat on the tube, or whether his smiley faces are always downturned because of where he works.

My artist's impression of the scene


Don't you just love photoshop, even I can do a good artist's impression!


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, July 31, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/07/went-out-to-visit-friend-tonight-and.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS