Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Saturday, August 30, 2003

As predicted there were many tales in the office today about how long it had taken to get home. One of our techies thought they had won, by taking four hours, but it transpired he sat in the pub for 3 hours waiting for the tubes to get back to normal - so obviously that didn't count. I think my friend who I left work with yesterday was proably the winner as although we left together she's from the north and has no idea about London buses, so came back to the office after seeing there was nothing doing on the tube and then stayed in the office till 10.30pm - 10.45pm and left when something on the net said power was back on. That was a bit extreme and slightly "mad as ham" in my opinion and the worrying thing is that she looks after our pay and finances.

Today, there was a knock on effect and I had to wait twenty minutes for my tube this morning and then coming home late, there were no bloody District Line trains to Richmond, so got off at Turnham Green, got some chips and caught the bus. I'm beginning to catch a lot of buses these day - perhaps I should change the focus of my blog.


; Posted by annie mole Saturday, August 30, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/08/as-predicted-there-were-many-tales-in.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS