Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Hot hot hot

Although not as hot and stuffy on the tube as my journey home yesterday where I was unpleasantly glowing - ie dripping in sweat. The rails on British Rail trains are buckling in the heat, but fortunately not too many horrors on the Underground. Although I read in Metro yesterday that a train was stuck in a tunnel for about 40 minutes yesterday, luckily no one needed medical attention or suffered unduly from it. Perhaps people are taking note of the tube's "In this hot weather....." posters and are carrying water on the tube.

Birkenstock Sandals

I'm sorry, but every other person I see in London is wearing a pair. Even their
website says they can't keep up with demand.

Birkenstock Sandals - selling like hot feet


I got a pair last week on recommendation from a friend at work as they are supposed to be the most comfortable sandals ever and you won't ever wear anything else once you've put them on your feet. We both bought a white pair of the version above. My friend's badly cut her feet and mine are far from comfortable, but I'm persevering with them. Every other commuter in London can't be wrong and I want to get those dirty toe marks on the base of the sole, like everyone else, so that I know I've worn them in. Even if I end up walking around like a geisha girl I will live to tell the tale that they are the most comfortable sandals ever.

Birkenstock wearer
You are not alone right now
Don't step on my toes


Another tube haiku moment!


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, August 05, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/08/hot-hot-hot-although-not-as-hot-and.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS