Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Now today I did see a real old lady on the tube and I was just about too late to take a picture of loads of people still sitting down while she stood holding onto a pole looking round for a seat. Needless to say I was standing myself and doing my best Paddington hard stares to try to get people to look in her direction and give her a seat....but to no avail. By the time I got my camera out of my bag to try to get some documentary evidence of this we got to the next stop and several of the lazy bastards near her got off so she was able to have a seat.

I'm sorry but it's one of my major pet hates when people just get tunnel vision on the tube and pretend not to see people who quite clearly need a seat.

For more on when you should or shouldn't give a seat check out this section of
www.goingunderground.net.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, September 17, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/09/now-today-i-did-see-real-old-lady-on.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS