Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, September 10, 2003

(Tuesday September 9th - really)

The tube fairies were with me

Went out for a meeting in the City and didn't leave until quite late and there were massive delays on the Central Line having a knock on effect to the District. So taking the advice of the announcer I jumped on the first available train which was heading to Wimbledon thinking I'll change at Hurl's Court or Ell's Court or Earl's Court depending on which part of London you're from. After a few stops down the tube fairies who are not on my side very often decided to pay a visit.

The driver announced: "I'm sorry to say ladies and gentlemen that this train is not heading to Wimbledon but to Richmond" I have never in my life been so glad to hear the words "I'm sorry to say", as this meant that I was now as if by magic on the train going to my stop at Kew Gardens (the penultimate stop to Richmond).


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, September 10, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/09/tuesday-september-9th-really-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS