Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, October 08, 2003

But why did you buy a child ticket, Madam?

Was what I heard two station assistants saying to a woman when I left Piccadilly Circus this morning. Well I'd have thought it was pretty obvious - she was about four feet six tall so I'm sure would have passed as a child to a sleepy station assistant who would have heard the gate beep, looked across, saw someone short and thought "Ah, child".

The woman in question was actually in her late forties though and I was going through the gates as I heard the "dispute" so couldn't be arsed to hang around to see what the outcome was.

I imagine station assistants will be super alert and "looking" out for the beeps more often as apparently the Oystercard sets off a beep when you use it. Just for the record I still haven't seen anyone using one although last night I sat opposite a woman who had one.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, October 08, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/10/but-why-did-you-buy-child-ticket-madam.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS