Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, October 09, 2003

Celebspotting

I've been doing this blog for almost ten months now and I think today is the only day this year that I've seen a celebrity on the tube. My main site has always had a
section on celebrity spotting on the tube and over the years loads of people have sent me their spots, ranging from Anne Robinson and Ian Hislop to Frank Carson and Amma out of Big Brother 2.

Today I had a top tube spot and didn't notice him till I left the train at Richmond to discover he was in the same carriage as me, also getting out at Richmond. It was the actor John Hannah, he out of Four Weddings and a Funeral, who also played Scottish detective Inspector Rebus on TV, BUT most notably and relevantly starred in the top tube film Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow. To see a guy on a train who is possibly most famous for being in a film about travelling on the tube was really, really freaky.

Gwynnie and Johnny in Sliding Doors


The other thing that tends to freak me out about seeing actors in the flesh is how short a lot of them are. I got the impression that Gwyneth Paltrow was quite tall, so assumed John Hannah was too, as she didn't seem to tower over him in the film, but he's quite short for a bloke, I'm not sure if he's even six foot.

Not seen on the tube but walked past Paul McGann (who played the most recent Doctor Who and was I in the cult film Withnail and I) today in Poland Street who I had a major crush on in my youth. He was singing to himself walking down the street which I thought was quite sweet.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, October 09, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/10/celebspotting-ive-been-doing-this-blog.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS