Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Deliriously Happy Driver speaks

Following on from
Friday's entry - Richie the very funny driver from the Jubilee Line has been back in touch to say that he's happy for me to quote his email.

Richie tells the story more succintly than me, so over to him:

"I had recieved a phone call from my colleague a train operator at Wembley Park depot on the Jubilee line. He told me that he had heard my rather over the top announcements on this web site. I of course immediately went online and have to say I'm for once speechless. That could be a first for me. In case you're wondering I'm the guy you've taped and called the really really top train operator. I'm glad and I know the majority of passengers enjoy the odd banter or five and just to confirm I am sane not on drugs, generally happy and smiling and that's not wind. There is lots more to come maybe even the Friday night request ride announcing birthdays etc for those who wish. Maybe even tonight when I start at 5.00pm. Catch me if you can.

A big cheers!
"

How top, so if you want to hear Richie in all his glory click here and hopefully he will team up with Nik Fox to bring us some more of his excellent announcements.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, October 07, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/10/deliriously-happy-driver-speaks.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS