Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Email to Lynne Featherstone

Right, enough moaning it's time for action. I've emailed
Lynne Featherstone, Councillor, Haringey Council and more importanly, chair of the
London Assembly Transport Policy Committee and part of emergency talks taking place today on the London Underground.

Dear Lynne

Please, please, please help us with the recent problems on the London Underground, I heard you on the radio this morning and I know that you are asking the Mayor about safety and number of important issues regarding the tube since its part privatisation.

I have been running a popular site about the London underground for five years now - www.goingunderground.net. This year I added a blog as a companion piece where I record my daily commute into London (trying to have a sense of humour about it) www.london-underground.blogspot.com

This blog has now overtaken my main site in popularity and over recent weeks has got a number four or five position in Google when people search for the term London Underground and many variants , so consequently it's been getting a lot of public attention.

I've posted my email to you on it today and I would be really grateful if you could reply to me or make a comment in the comments area on the blog itself

Many thanks

Annie



Let's see if she responds and if other people make a comment or email her too, perhaps it will make you feel better if nothing else. Must go now as I have to leave loads earlier than normal due to all the problems.

STOP PRESS - Just received an email from Lynne who is happy to make a comment to the blog, but she can't log on right now and hopefully will reply tomorrow, so keep those comments coming.

STOP, STOP PRESS - Lynne has replied!

STOP, STOP, STOP PRESS - Tom Watson Labour MP has replied!


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, October 23, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/10/email-to-lynne-featherstone-right.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS