Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Shaving Minutes off your London Underground Journey

Had a fit this morning when I got into work and I discovered I had forgetten I was supposed to be seeing a client at 11 o'clock. I was looking particularly fetching in a hooded fleece and combat trousers (not my normal 'going to see client' clothes), but thought Jeesus, I need to knock up a quick PowerPoint presentation and then get over to Old Street pretty sharpish. Why oh, why do I have to spend so much time on the Northern Line these days?

So I followed the lessons on my main site - got out the trusty
Way Out Tube Map to make sure I got on the best carriage to get off for the exit. Then stood by the "Mind The Gap" floor signs so I would be right in front of the doors when they opened.

Success - despite the Northern line driver (I think) being one of the ones on the unofficial go slow in protest of the fears over safety - I got to the meeting only fifteen minutes late.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, October 21, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/10/shaving-minutes-off-your-london.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS