Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Tube Celeb Spot 4 - Tonight I'm going to be.......

You are not going to believe this but I had another celebrity tube spot today. Regular readers will know that I've hardly seen anyone famous on the tube itself until
very recently. My argument is that famous people don't use public transport as they use taxi's or have chauffeurs or drive. But lots of people have proved me wrong on this and are always letting me know about their famous celebrity tubespots.

Well today I saw Matthew Kelly out of "Tonight Matthew, I'm going to be" - top Saturday ITV programme Stars in their Eyes. Now I know that Matthew lives near me as a couple of years ago I did see him myself at Turnham Green tube station. He also rather bizarrely gave me his autograph when I went up to him with a notebook at some function when I was simply trying to ask him a question.

Since leaving Stars in their Eyes Matthew, has gone on to get rave reviews by playing Lennie in Of Mice & Men at the Savoy Theatre in London. Amazingly I did manage to get a picture of Matthew at Gunnersbury tube station today and believe it or not that's him leaning against the poster of Lesley Joseph. See Matthew at Gunnersbury & Matthew as Lennie side by side.

Matthew Kelly at Gunnersbury

So he wasn't exactly on the tube. But I was when I saw him, so I think that counts.

It is true I am fast becoming the London Underground's version of an Avid Merrion style celebrity stalker.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, November 12, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/11/tube-celeb-spot-4-tonight-im-going-to.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS