Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Tube Celeb Spot - The Doctor

Coming up from the Piccadilly Line on the escalators at Piccadilly Circus,
Peter Davison (All Creatures Great & Small, the fifth Dr Who & At Home with the Braithwaites and tons of other TV) went racing past me.

Dr Who spotted on the London Underground


At least I thought it was him. So in full celebrity tube stalk mode, I rushed up the set of escalators to see if I could catch him at the next set up. Again he was racing up the escalator stairs and left the barriers and went to the exit I normally use. Must be him I thought, he's going for the Shaftesbury Avenue exit, which means theatreland, lovies.

But he went walking through the Trocadero. How bizarre? I crossed Shaftesbury Avenue as normal and headed towards my office in seedy Soho, and saw him heading out of the Troc, and also crossing onto Shaftesbury Avenue where I imagine he was going to go into one London's many theatres which are within spitting distance of each other.

Three tube celebs spots in the space of a month (John Hannah, Rageh Omaar), whereas none this year up until that point. It must be Xmas.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, November 05, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/11/tube-celeb-spot-doctor-coming-up-from.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS