Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Jesus look-a-like on the tube

Left home later today as I was going to an exhibition and conference in Olympia. Just made it onto the District Line at Richmond thanks to flinging my bag and arm in the door and fortunately some bloke decided to help me heave the thing open so I wasn't like the cartoon character
below.

An Asian woman in a peach sari then started "busking" at the top of her voice. Well, by busking this meant singing a loud chanting style song. One of the guys near me, gave that startled Tim out of The Office face, when something unbelievable is happening. Unfortunately I was too close to her and also standing so I couldn't take a picture without her demanding money off me.

When she finished and made her way slowly through the carriage, the only person who gave her money was a bearded guy with long hair and a flowing oatmeal coloured floorlength robe sitting in the corner. After he gave her some money he gave her a beautiful smile and said thank you. It slightly shamed me into thinking maybe I should have given her some cash as it's nearly Xmas.

Altrustic Jesus lookalike on the tube


Although if this guy was as Jesus-like as I thought he was, wouldn't he have stood up to give me a seat?


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, December 04, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/12/jesus-look-like-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS