Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, December 10, 2003

London Underground Driver Announcement

Not one of the funnier ones that have been reported to my
main site, but a goody nonetheless that I heard this morning on the District Line. The driver was being very helpful telling us we were on a train heading to Upminster and where to change for various lines. Then he said: "I'm pleased to announce that the London Underground's Xmas and New Year timetable will be live today. Another important event (said with huge sarcasm) is for those of you lucky enough to have prepaid Oystercards you will be able to travel in 2004 at 2003 prices"

Well said that man, now I understand. I was handed a leaflet about this the other day and I had to read the thing about three times before I could understand WTF they were talking about.

Is it just me or does this make any sense:

"Oyster Pre Pay is the smart option if you regularly pay adult cash fares, because with Pre Pay you will continue paying 2003 adult single fares in 2004 on the Tube and DLR"?


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, December 10, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/12/london-underground-driver-announcement.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS