Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, December 03, 2003

Love on the tube

My friend just sent me a nice poem by Theresa Turk about lovers on the Piccadilly line which I think applies to the couple I spotted
last week.

The lovers on the Underground,
locked eye to eye
and knee to knee,
fly Chagall-like above our heads,
are not aware of you and me.

Unheeded run the station names,
the sweating, red
raw football fans,
the graffiti, the orange peel,
the rolling Coca Cola cans.


Click here to see the final verse.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, December 03, 2003 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2003/12/love-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS