Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Hellish morning journey & EastEnders

Delays, disruption and Gita out of EastEnders

Jeesus I spent about two hours getting to work this morning, as there were massive problems on the Piccadilly Line, due to a fire engine being called in at Covent Garden. Fortunately we were warned about this at Baron's Court so most of us were able to jump back onto a District Line train which then waited outside South Ken or Gloucester Road, while the driver must have decided to pop out and get a full English Breakfast and read the FT from cover to cover before getting back onto the train and moving it. Anyroad.......

I was on the District Line and I think at Gunnersbury, who should get on but Gita out of EastEnders. Anyone who's read this blog for a while will know that I've been nicknamed the Avid Merrion of the London Underground - ie a celebrity stalker, and if I see a celebrity on the tube, which is as rare as rocking horse shit, I will try to get a picture of them.

Don't get excited though, I've hardly ever seen anyone above C-B list celeb status (which is my point,
celebrities rarely use the tube). In the past since doing this blog I've seen & photographed Scud Stud Rageh Omaar, Tonight I'm going to be TV Personality Matthew Kelly and seen, tube flick Sliding Doors actor John Hannah and the Fifth Dr Who Peter Davison. Now I can add actress Shobu Kapoor who played the diminutive Gita Kapoor part of the token Asian family, and arrived on the BBC soap in 1993.

OK so here are the pictures, I can't believe people have been waiting to see them:



Bear in mind I recognised her voice on the mobile before I recognised her, which is something only a truly sad EastEnders fan would do:



Final shot, is about as close as I could do without looking like a complete stalker:



She's put on some make up by this stage, and the ones of her putting on lippy and eyeliner were simply too blurry as the train was moving at this point in time.

So there we have it, X list celeb on the tube. Although she's probably more famous that some of the people in the latest round of "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me out of Here".


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, January 21, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/01/hellish-morning-journey-eastenders.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS