Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, webmaster of Going Underground, daily web log (blog).
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, THE fun and informative BOOK about travelling
on the London Underground.

Sunday, January 25, 2004

I wish I could speak Dutch

Useful as a icebreaker on parties

Just found a referral to my blog from a
Dutch-Canadian Blog, where the blogger, Peter, started off by talking about their favourite T shirt (see below) which is linked to this blog and how the T shirt was "useful as an icebreaker on parties".

Going Underground T Shirt


There's then a great discussion about all sorts of stuff (from the very rough translation) we have:

"a derogatory picture of the London underground. Some lines are in my experience lekkerder then others"

"I have the shirt with the slogan "Mind the pinch" on udder altitude.."

"I am a supporter of the underground railway in Paris. I find my way there blindly. Terrible system."

"...the underground railway to sit and smell I which strange air of parfum, moquette, adhesive and detergent...."

Then there's a bit of a discussion about cheesecake (WTF), then

"Eh .. London Underground. Laaavely. "

Then I can't understand any more. I just wish there was a better translation tool (The disclaimer at the bottom of the translation says - "Note: This is a computer translation of the original webpage. It is provided for general information only and should not be regarded as complete nor accurate. " - no kidding. Only a third of the page is translated and the machine then thinks, "Oh fook this, I can't be arsed translating the rest of the page" and goes off to do something else - like what? Make some tea, read the papers - it's a computer programme for Christ's sake and it's already getting bored or going for a little lie down).


; Posted by Annie Mole Sunday, January 25, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE Add to Stumble Upon
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/01/i-wish-i-could-speak-dutch.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS