Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Pictures I'm looking for

Or rather pictures I won't be able to take on the tube

Tony, who's just signed my
guestbook was drawn to the opening section on my main site, where I list some pictures that would be most rare to see on the tube.

He said: "I noticed that you are looking for a photo of a smiling member of staff Believe me if you had to work for this cowboy outfit (I do) you wouldn�t Smile! But the best time to try is every 4th Wednesday, which is pay-day"

Other pictures which I claim would be hard to find are:

  • A Northern line train (most rare)
    (although someone who works on the Nothern Line signed my guestbook and said that he smiled on their days off and at going home times!!)

  • Commuters looking happy during the rush hour

  • A ticket machine that does not say "Exact fare only"

  • A busker who is playing music just for the hell of it

  • A chocolate machine on a platform that works

  • A "photo-me" photo booth that you can fit more than a mouse into

  • A penalty fare inspector who is not a sadist

  • A District line train that does not stop between every stop.

    And, just before anyone sends these pictures in to me, it's a joke, you know, I'm trying to be ironic.


    ; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, January 14, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
    http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/01/pictures-im-looking-for.html
  • NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS