Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Public Transportation is for Jerks and Lesbians

Quote from Mr H J Simpson

Some of my friends are a bit like Homer Simpson when it comes to using the tube. They wouldn't go as far as saying that "
public transportation is for jerks and lesbians" but they just don't use it for a variety of reasons - claustrophobia and safety issues mainly.

Homer Simpson avoiding public transport - From the brilliant frame by frame guide to The Simpsons - Springfield Paradise


I found this top Homer quote from Heidi's excellent me , my life + infrastructure. And a fair bit of Googling tracked the Simpsons episode down to Brake My Wife, Please. I did watch this episode over Xmas but missed the "jerks and lesbians" quote as the images of Homer faxing for help after going over a jetty in his gadgeted up car (how he lost his licence) were still with me.

Homer doing a variety of things whilst driving - not advised


Update - 21st March 2004 - it's being re-run so I got a recording today


; Posted by annie mole Sunday, January 04, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/01/public-transportation-is-for-jerks-and.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS