Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, January 26, 2004

Teenagers on the tube

My love hate relationship with tube teens

Sorry to any teenagers about to read this, but most of the time I'm not wild about teenagers on the tube. Although this usually applies to packs of teenagers, not groups, London teenagers don't hang around in groups but in packs. They're usually too loud, they're usually giggling or kissing their teeth, they're usually taking up too much space, they're usually in the way and they're usually on their way to somewhere far more exciting than me, which is the main reason why I hate them.

But sometimes I love them. I love their humour. I love their youth. I love the fact that they don't give a shit. I love their clothes. I love their hair. When they're by themselves, I love them more. I love the fact that they are just a little, just a tad, and just a bit shy and unconfident and not quite sure what they're doing amongst the commuting grown ups. Take the girl below, her trainers, her combat mini skirt, the way she's curled up in the corner, the way her feet are crossed and most of all................

I love this girl


her truly excellent folder with the papier mache red leather clad boobies stuck on one of the tarty looking women on her college collage.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, January 26, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/01/teenagers-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS