Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, February 02, 2004

Another top tube ad

Man sues bar for sliding off pork chops

I love the London Underground ad below, for Norwich Union travel insurance, which I saw on Sunday

A man walks into a bar wearing a pair of pork chops on his feet.  The barmaid says - WTF, the man says - that'll be �20,000 mate


I can just picture the Australian guy sliding back into the bar saying, "Alright Sheila, so you say I've gotta wear shoes. Will these pork chops do ya? Ya tight arsed bint....... Arggggggh, me arm mate, it feels like one of Steve Irwin's crocs has got me in a grip. You buggers are gonna pay for this. That'll teach you for making me wear meat on me feet.......Arggggh, strewth".

Amazingly
this story is based on truth (although they've juggled the facts slightly - but who cares, it's an advert not the Hutton Report).

Norwich Union, you made my day.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, February 02, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/02/another-top-tube-ad.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS