Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Interviews and speeches

Price of fame?

Very weird thing happened yesterday, I got invited to speak at the
Ealing Branch of the Rotary Club. It made me feel a bit like Barbarba Good, out of the seventies TV series The Good Life or someone from The Women's Institute. I'm still not sure if it's a wind up or not, or even if it isn't whether I will do it or not. But the email said:

"I saw your site and found it very amusing and
informative. Well done.

"I am a member of Ealing Rotary and we are always
looking for potential speakers at our meetings.
I was wondering whether you would be interested
in visiting us and giving a 20-30 minute
talk on an alternative view of the Underground.
"

Then there was some information about how often they meet and stuff. Well Ealing's not that far from me on the other branch of the District Line so I may well do it.

Also yesterday Joe Newman from the blog First-n-Main, published 5 Minutes with Annie Mole. My own Metro style 60 second interview. Thanks for that Joe.

Expect to see me on Parky or David Letterman next year.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, February 26, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/02/interviews-and-speeches.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS