Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, February 19, 2004

A Meg Ryan sort of day

In which, I remember I am separated

Well I can't say I ever forget I am separated, but there were simply too many reminders of it yesterday on the way home.

Firstly, I saw some junk mail that my ex-husband used to produce. We always used to joke about how he and his agency were repsonsible of half the litter on the tube and he was always freaked out when he saw people studying his catalogues. Quite a few of them were strewn about the Piccadilly Line last night after having fallen from broadsheets and The Times.

Then at Baron's Court I was suddenly aware of a poem above the seat opposite me from the Poems on The Underground series. I didn't come over all Meg Ryan-ish (Meg Ryan's character in the film In The Cut, quietly reads subway poems to herself - see my
Halloween blog entry), but it did seem kind of significant.

Your absence has gone through me like thread through a needle, everything I do is stitched with its colour


Particularly as I took the picture above at Glamoursmith (Hammersmith), station which ex-hubby still uses each day and was the place where I last bumped into him.


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, February 19, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/02/meg-ryan-sort-of-day.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS