Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, April 05, 2004

I'm no Robert Doisneau

Snogging on the tube

Was out in Kew Gardens with a friend yesterday and he asked me what my take on
snogging on the tube was. "It doesn't really bother me", I replied "as I'm usually doing something else". (That's so not meant to sound like that - I meant I'm normally reading or something) But it reminded me that I had taken a picture over Xmas of a couple snogging on the platform at Angel tube station. I told him that it reminded me of the Robert Doisneau picture - of course I couldn't remember Doisneau's name at the time (let alone pronounce it), so I said "You know the French one, really famous black and white picture".

Anyway, I dug out the picture from the recesses of my digital camera's memory and of course it's nothing like Doisneau's but the sentiment remains similar I think, particularly with the apparent obliviousness of everyone around them.

Annie Mole's Kiss by Angel Tube Station


And how it should be done below:

The French looking far more sexy


; Posted by annie mole Monday, April 05, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/04/im-no-robert-doisneau.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS