Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, April 02, 2004

My Own Private Dungeon

Full Scream Ahead

Thereisnospoon asked me if I'd seen the new ads for the London Dungeon which compared their new ride to a journey on the tube. I hadn't until last night.

London Dungeon London Underground Ad


The text and drawing look as they were produced by Gerald Scarfe and I knew I'd be unable to get a clear shot, specially as I was surrounded by loud Italians calling me a photographer (yep my Italian's rubbish, but any fool could work out they'd spotted my less than candid snaps of the ad) so here's what it says:

"If you think that being squashed together buttock to buttock, armpit to nose, hurtling through putrid rat infested tunnels is bad, go back 300 years and get a trouser wetting, heart pumping feel of what it was really like to be punished as a traitor. We'll shove you on a boat ride to HELL. You'll be screaming to get back on The Tube."

Almost faultless copy. Top marks.


; Posted by annie mole Friday, April 02, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/04/my-own-private-dungeon.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS