Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Love is in the air

Metro get all luvved up

Yep it's that time of month when Metro decide to play Cupid and publish messages from people who've seen some gorgeous hunk of spunk (sorry I soooooo love
Kath and Kim - it's like an Aussie version of The Royle Family) or babe on the tube, in the hope that they just might read this and get in touch. Here are my favourites from today:

"I met you over a year a go, first thing on Sunday morning at Pimlico station - you, Claire, an Austrialian nurse on your way to work, and me off to watch the Cricket World Cup Final. You smiled at me and we started talking after you committed the evil crime of reading the back of my paper. I though you were fun to chat with and if on the tiny chance you are still in the country, single and remember me, it would be great to meet."

Blimey, he got her name, was chatting to her, why not ask her out.......D'OH

"I have only seen you once and I've not been able to stop thinking about you ever since. I saw you on Monday, May 17, at about 6pm on the Nothern Line platform at Bank station heading south. You stood next to me waiting for the train wearing a green skirt and a small top showing your flawless olive skin and were reading the Daily Mail. I have regretted not asking you out ever since."

And one that may possibly work as at least the woman reads Metro:

"You are a tall, gorgeous redhead who gets on at Victoria and off at Warren Street about 7.30 most mornings. Sometimes we make eye contact and I nearly pluck up the courage to speak. You are usually listening to a Walkman and you always have a Metro, so maybe this is my best chance to say I like you. Give me a smile and your phone number."
Tall blonde guy

So if someone sees these two tomorrow morning making eyes at each other over their Metros, pleeeeeeeese report back. I need a good wedding to go to.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, June 28, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/06/love-is-in-air.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS