Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, July 12, 2004

Monday's Metro Momento

Maps in Metro

Judging by some of the comments in
Wednesday's post I think some of you felt that the map for 2016 was a wind up. Then even I though it was a wind up - I'm pretty naive - cos in addition to new lines and Cross rail and stuff there were some really specific station names proposed for 2016 - New Acres Library and Ealing Hospital for example. But from today's Metro I found the map is actually on the Tube's official website. I know that doesn't really make it less of a fiction, but it means that I can link to it, rather than letting the PDF use up my own server space and it seems like we're going to have some pretty literal names for stations in the future.

Also Metro gave a nod to the fab Animals on the Underground maps (blogged in February - yes I have a Nigelly - Oh I blogged it before Metro streak in me today) and my trusty Way Out Tube Map which is no longer in print but you can get it from Amazon - this was a godsend when I was recovering from my broken leg last year - it tells you where to get on to get off or is as Metro say "a boon to lazy commuters and the perennially late".


; Posted by annie mole Monday, July 12, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/07/mondays-metro-momento.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS