Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Back in London

Back in The Smoke

Well I'm back and I must say a big thank you to Neil and Geoff for looking after the blog while I was away. It's nice to see that they didn't get into fights with anyone and traffic levels were maintained (despite Geoff's worry of the
Sara Cox effect). In fact you all seemed to be making more comments that you normally do with me and there was more traffic on Wednesday (perhaps people had heard about Geoff's legendary puns and were looking forward to more.....whatever).

Anyway, if they (and you) are up for it, I'll get them to contribute more regularly, now that they have "house keys".

It's Bank Holiday in the UK today, so no commuting stories. When I came back from Gatwick on Friday though I noticed lots of CCTV's in open display at Victoria station (in the entrance from the mainline station to the Tube). I hadn't been to Victoria for quite a while, or I normally don't have a huge bag breaking my shoulder and am usually zipping up the outer stairs quite quickly, but I'd never noticed them before. Someone's bound to tell me the one on the outer staircase has been there for ages.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, August 30, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/08/back-in-london.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS