Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Spies and Sparrows

Nearly got caught today

I was desperately trying to take a picture of a woman's rucksack on the seat next to me with the intriguing words "From the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister" on it. The idea of someone who works in some capacity with John Prescott (former transport minister) making their whole rucksack take up a seat was just surreal. But I was just too close to her, and I realised that although she wasn't exactly giving me funny looks directly, she could see what I was doing (or well trying to do) in the reflection in the window opposite. After a couple of stops with me looking totally suspicious she moved to a seat further up the carriage as she must have thought I was a complete maniac, was going to steal the bag or thought the bag had some government secrets in it (or all three). So sorry folks, sometimes being too close to people is a disadvantage for these shots.

And the sparrows - you know I've been trying to collect more pictures of those Yahoo ads - this one is not on the tube but apparently is very near to New Cross Station - so sort of counts and was taken this morning by Neil - out of
Neil & Geoff's Tube Challenge.



; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, August 03, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/08/spies-and-sparrows.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS