Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, September 20, 2004

Date for some diaries

Harry Beck Map author talks at Kew

At the risk of sounding like someone from the Women's Institute or the Vicar of Dibley, I'm going to post some news of a talk that's being held in a church hall. Next Thursday - 30th September 7.30pm for 8pm - Ken Garland, the guy who wrote "
Mr Beck's Underground Map", will be talking about the creator of the Tube map, the Tube map as well (and his book - I imagine) at The Barn Church in Kew. For a modest two quid you get a glass of wine or a soft drink too. I don't know whether they're selling tickets on the night, but you can get them in advance by sending a cheque made payable to "The Kew Society" to Stephen Enthoven, Flora House, 81 Kew Green, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 3AH - don't forget to enclose an SAE.



Many thanks to Will Dyke for alerting me to this.

As Kew is a stone's throw from where I live I'll try to pop along myself too.


; Posted by annie mole Monday, September 20, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/09/date-for-some-diaries.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS