Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Laptops

Pose or a bag of onions

No, my cold hasn't addled my head completely, but in this morning's Metro I read one of those snippets of news which said that someone paid �250 for a laptop which some men were selling from the back of a lorry. However, when the guy got home he found that the laptop bag contained onions. Now, call me ridiculous, but wouldn't a laptop bag filled with onions feel like it contained something that wasn't a laptop? However tightly the onions were packed together, wouldn't it feel a bit lumpy against your shoulder or your lap?

I see loads of people with laptops on my travels and a lot of the time I spend on the tube I'm lugging round a laptop myself, but I've never found enough space on the tube to actually use the laptop. Mainly cos I don't get on with those little sensitive panels or nipply things that replace the mouse. I do love looking at what people get up to with their lap tops on trains though. On Tuesday a guy was spending his whole journey playing Patience (very exec), yesterday a man was doing a table plan for an event at his local cricket club (very exec) and this morning I saw someone who was actually putting together a PowerPoint presentation.



Is it just the people I sit next to or is only a small proportion of people who actually use their laptop for work on the tube?


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, September 02, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/09/laptops.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS