Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Geoff n Neil are mad

How can seven stops & one change be faster than two stops & one change

Back in the UK where I faced the delights of a wet dark November day and a new job and new route to work (why, oh why can't I live in Goa - white sandy beaches, hot sun, mad Indians on motor bikes, no traffic lights, cattle in the road and no bloody tube).

Geoff and Neil assured me that it would be far quicker travelling from Waterloo to Shadwell by getting on the "fast" Jubilee Line to Canada Water and picking up the "new and efficient" East London Line, a couple of stops north to Shadwell. I personally thought Waterloo and Shitty Line to Bank - change on the the DLR and go one stop to Shadwell - sorted. And in fact that's what I did in the morning, it took about ten minutes. Coming home, I thought I would give the "tube experts" route a try, as they reckoned the time spent walking from Bank and DLR interchange would be the same as the extra stops involved.

They were wrong! The East London line was really smelly and crowded and stopped just before I needed to change, for no apparent reason apart from enjoying the view. The Jubilee Line was packed - I never realised so many people worked in the East End - it took about twenty minutes - remind me never to listen to them again.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, November 09, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/11/geoff-n-neil-are-mad.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS