Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Confusing Tourists again

Yahoo posters

Nice spot from
Thisisn't London:

"I was working in Epping today (argh). On my way home I spotted one of those Yahoo "Found" posters, with a purple arrow, that you occasionally put on your site; it said "Theydon Bois", the next station along the line.

The funny thing is, it was pointing in the wrong direction!

I took a (crap) photo on my phone, but the story is entertaining enough without it. And the poster has been seen by thousands of Eppingites.
"

Come on Yahoo poster putter up guys, at least get the direction right.

Just a reminder of the Yahoo ads we're talking about - yes, yes, I know it's Pimlico


I've been trying to get a picture of the one at Bank station pointing to Shadwell for ages and at least that is going in the right direction. But I must apologise for the lack of piccies from me recently. I have a new digital camera on my Xmas list as my current one is knackered. If anyone has any recommendations for small pocket sized one let me know - must have a microphone on it so that I can tape the buskers in the Waterloo and Shitty Line interchange.


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, December 15, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/12/confusing-tourists-again.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS