Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy new ...

Am I the only person at work today? It felt like it this morning when I sat in a District Line carriage at Wimbledon all by myself waiting to leave.

I was sat on a City bound train waiting to leave this morning (having just missed a previous City bound one by a couple of seconds) as the board marked it as the next train out. But then an Edgware Road train came in on the far platform, and then promptly left again (with passengers) before my train did. Great!

Then I get to Earl's Court to discover that no Olympia trains are running this week due to bridge repairs, so I end up waiting for the next Edgware Round bound train anyway. It comes in (it's 'C' stock style train), but the board says it's going to Barking! "Oh no it's not" I think to myself, and it's only at the last minute that there is an announcement that it is in fact going to Edgware Road, and not everyone hears it, or pays attention - so at the next stop (High St. Ken) loads of people look up from their papers and think "Eh?", and get off wondering why they've come the wrong way.

Sssseeshhh... and no wonder people moan about the tube.


; Posted by Anonymous Friday, December 31, 2004 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2004/12/happy-new.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS