Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Knowing me, not-knowing-you

Have you ever spotted somone on a tube train, thought that they looked familiar but couldn't work out why?

Happened to me on the Central line where I saw a middle-aged woman that I thought that I knew, then thought "Well she must be famous" but still couldn't work out where I knew her from.

It took me a good 20 minutes of my journey to eventually realise it was the woman that had played Alan Patridge's assistant, Lynn, in "Knowing me knowing you", actress Felicity Montague, and also (according to IMDB) the same actress that played the mother of Bridget Jones in the 2001 film.

Trouble is, after about the tenth time of me staring at her to try and jog my memory, she stared rudely back at me with a "Haven't you worked out who I am yet? and please stop staring at me!" kind of look...



I know we've "done" famous spots on the tube before here, but anyone else seen anyone vaguely famous recently?


; Posted by Anonymous Tuesday, January 18, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/01/knowing-me-not-knowing-you.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS