Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

A new take on arm-rests

Would these catch on?

I'm gradually catching up on emails I've been sent over the last two weeks and am loving an email I was sent recently by Zhang Zhi a Chinese student studying design in France.

Amongst other things he (apologies if you're a woman Zhang) said:

"My project for graduating is related to the improvement of the interior of public vehicles, mostly subway and buses..... I'm fascinated by the stations of Jubilee line which is like science fiction.....For my project, the main direction is to improve the comfort, physical and psychological. About the physical one, I work on how to improve the comfort of people standing in trains. I've sent some pictures that I've made and I'd like to have your suggestions"



Well it almost looks like a prop on Celebrity Wrestling, but you never know maybe padded or shaped armrests for people standing might catch on. Does seem to take up quite a bit of room though.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, April 26, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/04/new-take-on-arm-rests.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS