Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Tube Tunes

I should start by saying that this will probably only work for you if you have Apple's iTunes software installed on your computer.

Quite bizarrely, on the day that I updated
a page on my own website here of a comprehensive list of all 'tube related' tunes - i.e. songs which mention the underground, or underground stations, I notice on the iTunes music store that they're selling:

"I *heart* London", a collection of London based songs which feature many wierd and wonderful songs, many with tube stations in the title!

Ever heard of the band 'Faces'? No, me neither, but apparantly they have a song called 'Richmond'. This and other such London Tube-esque delights are all available for download. I've just got a copy of a song called 'Notting Hill Gate' which I'll now be humming to myself the next time I'm waiting there for a bleeding District line train to arrive!


; Posted by Anonymous Thursday, April 21, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/04/tube-tunes.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS