Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Smile, you're on ... the tube

Ok, so everybody knew about Alexei and Anthea except for me.

Next you'll be telling me there's this amazing Underground train system in London with 275 stations, and that it's the oldest in the world. And the hottest. And it has nutters. And buskers.

And buskers who I normally just whizz straight pass and don't pay that much attention to, so I was rather suprised when the other day this chap at Notting Hill Gate (where I seem to spend half my life nowadays) playing music which just caught my attention for some reason.

I have no idea why on this day, this time, I felt compelled not to rush straight past, but I did .. and then ended up takeing a photo as I was rather amused by his sign as it did make me smile.

I gave him 50p (naturally). Is that enough though? Or too much? I just wondered how much other people gave ...


; Posted by Anonymous Wednesday, June 08, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/06/smile-youre-on-tube.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS