Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

More Potterspotting

Waterloo & City Line spot

Continuing in my sightings of
people reading the new Harry Potter on the tube, I've now lost count of how many commuters I've seen with the book.

However, I think these were my first two suited and booted blokes on the Waterloo and City Line. The vast majority of people who travel on the line are usually reading about the latest mergers and takeovers in the FT or huge company reports, yet they can still get engrossed in Potter. I spose it's a "bit" of light relief for them.

Harry Potter on the Waterloo and City Line


As yet very few people I've seen reading it seems to be looking happy about it though. I've not noticed anyone laughing and probably only a couple of people smiling while reading it. It's almost as if it's some penance - "Must get through all million pages. Must be one of the first people to say I've read it". However, perhaps the looks of determination are just the fact that it's so gripping.

Harry Potter reader at Bank


My, my, isn't the man above carrying a rather large rucksack for the Waterloo and City Line? Perhaps I should report......


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, July 27, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/07/more-potterspotting.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS