Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Only a matter of time

My first new Potter spot

I wondered how long it would take me to see my first person reading the
new Harry Potter book on the tube. Well I spotted this guy yesterday at Bank station waiting to get on DLR train with me.

Reading Harry Potter at Bank


So that was only two days after publication. He seemed fairly engrossed for the one stop he travelled reading it. Personally I cannot see the appeal to adults (give me Philip PullmanI prefer Philip Pullman in this genre anyday), but I must be in the minority here. But good luck & well done to JK Rowling who's earning about a million pounds a hour out of the latest book. I'm sure this guy will be the first of many that I'll see reading this on the London Underground.

Reading Harry Potter on the DLR


; Posted by annie mole Wednesday, July 20, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/07/only-matter-of-time.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS