Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Top Tube mullet and Crash

Mullets and movies, what could be better?

On the way in to see the truly stupendous film
Crash (more on that later), I saw a guy with a brilliant mullet haircut. I love mullets as essentially they are for people who can't quite decide what hairstyle they want and think "I know, I'll have two in one - short on the top, long on the back" and the man below sported a classic example normally only seen on country and western singers and seventies throwbacks.

Mullet man on the Bakerloo Line


Now onto Crash - I snapped a picture of the poster at Leicester Square on the way home. I never realised until now that the black and white tiles at Leicester Square are perfect for film advertising, as they look rather like the sprockets on film.

Leicester Square London Underground station ad for Crash


Please believe all of the superlatives on the poster above for Crash. It was one of the best films I have seen all year.

It's totally gripping, has you on the edge of your seats, and yet it is surprisingly funny too (and you can't normally say that of a film about racism). Some may find how all the disparate characters inter-link, a bit contrived, but that didn't bother me at all. For me, the weakest character was actually played by one of the biggest stars, Brendan Fraser, but the rest of the cast were amazing, the storyline always surprising, intelligent and thought provoking - and, well - I can't do it justice here, just go and see the film for yourself. There's a trailer on the film's website here and if you want to read more of my thoughts on it - check out my review of Crash here.


; Posted by annie mole Saturday, August 13, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/08/top-tube-mullet-and-crash.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS