Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Monday, September 19, 2005

Shiver me timbers it's a Monday teaser

Tell me this me hearties - what London Underground station be this?

In honour of "
International Talk Like a Pirate Day"! I'm going to pose today's teezer in, using my pirate language.

This ere poster was spied on the Londoninium's tube last week. If you strain ur eyes, you will spy, in the poster for the fine mystery tome below, a station from one of this fair City's finest underground system.

Vanishing Point poster featuring a tube station


But which one be it? Submit your answer in the comments below, me hearties. You are allowed one guess only (apologies to the Geezer of the Diamond who uses this rule for his fine teezers).

Shiver your timbers!

UPDATE - 20th September - Station Revealed

Westminster Station used on the cover of Vanishing Point


Well, all of you who said Westminster give yourselves a massive pat on the back.

Like Mecca and Rob, I originally thought it was Canary Wharf myself and to be perfectly honest when I posted it I didn't know the correct answer. As so many of you were guessing Westminster, I thought "Well it's got to be that hasn't it?". So I nipped off to Westminster on the way home last night and tried to take a picture (above) from pretty much the same spot. The giveaway I think is the markings on the column and if you look at the closeup from the cover that Rob found you'll see they match the ones above.

So well done all, I might do another one of those teasers in the future as there are loads of generic tube scenes featured in ads and it would be interesting to locate them exactly!


; Posted by annie mole Monday, September 19, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/09/shiver-me-timbers-its-monday-teaser.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS