Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Update from Tami our New Orleans Tube Cop

Another Hurricane (Rita) may be on the way

Here's another update from our favourite New Orleans, Police Captain,
Tami Brisset, who was "stranded" in the UK while Hurricane Katrina was blowing her city apart, after taking part in the Tube Relief charity challenge for the victims of London's attacks:

"I am now stationed at the Emergency Operations Center with the department and we are in the recovery mode and now we have to worry about another hurricane RITA that may be heading our way. What else can happen? The city is still not operational but peace and order is maintained. I made it to my home and had a tree in the roof, some water, plenty of downed trees, and some other damage but it can be fixed. Now I worry about this next one. My officers are all accounted for and we are living on a cruise ship. It is cramped but managable. No activities on this ship and no entertainment but we call it home. The destruction here is indescribable and the thesaurus has no words for what we have seen. God has helped up get through this and will continue to do so.

Everyday I reflect on the week we spent together and the fun we had for a good cause. THAT is what keeps me going. I have so much I would like to say but time is so short and some many tasks to organize. I will keep in touch with ya'll and let you know what is going on. I never did find my tube map and need to get another one. Shucks!

Love T
"

Keep strong Tami, it's not much for me to say and the idea of another hurricane heading over must be simply unbearable. As always, our thoughts are with you.


; Posted by annie mole Tuesday, September 20, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/09/update-from-tami-our-new-orleans-tube_20.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS