Welcome to the fun, "irreverent & informative", award-winning London Underground - Tube Blog.
Click here for other London Underground guidance. Contact me here

Going Underground's Blog
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Annie Mole's, daily web log (blog) & “guide” to the London Underground
If you like this you'll LURVE One Stop Short of Barking, the fun and informative book about travelling
on the London Underground.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

My last few weeks on the Waterloo & Shitty Line

I'm saying goodbye to The Drain

Contrary to popular belief I do have a life outside of the London Underground. A selected few of you will know that I will shortly be leaving my current charity job and joining the corporate world again. It's a truly fantastic job that I'm highly excited about and one of the best things about it means that I'll be waving goodbye to the Waterloo & City Line and saying hello to the West End again. Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah.

I've been doing very late nights winding down from my current job and yesterday evening ended up walking through the rarely seen deserted walkway to the Waterloo and City Line.

Deserted tunnel to Waterloo & City Line

Deserted tunnel to Waterloo & City Line


So you'll be pleased to know that you won't hear me moaning and moaning about my nightmare journey when the Waterloo & City Line is closed for about five months next year. But my sincere commiserations go out to anyone who will still be travelling on it.

Also, no more City and DLR tube fashion victim posts from a few weeks time, but more of the weird and wonderful fashion disasters of the West End. Believe me there will be plenty!


; Posted by annie mole Thursday, October 27, 2005 Permalink COMMENT HERE
http://london-underground.blogspot.com/2005/10/my-last-few-weeks-on-waterloo-shitty.html
NEWER POSTS ........ OLDER POSTS